451 Research is a division of The 451 Group and a leading technology industry analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation. We are growing rapidly and seek qualified candidates in a number of areas.
Talented individuals are sought in the following disciplines:
- Business development
- Research and analysis
The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, Boston and Washington DC/Bethesda, MD. Our team is made up of talented individuals with varied backgrounds that hail from many locations, yet we all work in concert, following a common set of ideals and objectives.
Please see our current openings listed below. If you would like to be considered for future positions in one of the areas outlined above, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The 451 Group is an equal opportunity employer that provides competitive pay and benefits to its employees.
Account Executive - Information Technology (Boston/NYC Based)
451 Research, an independent IT analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation, is seeking an Account Executive. This position will involve prospecting and closing new clients as well as some retention of existing clients.
The position could be based in our Boston office and offers a competitive total compensation package and room for growth within the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and three or more years of experience interacting with clients. Knowledge of the technology industry or syndicated research is a preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
Prior experience selling to research is a plus. US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Account Executive - [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Accounts Payable Clerk (NYC Corporate Office)
The 451 Group, an independent technology industry analyst and datacenter certification provider, is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our accounting department in our New York Office. We are seeking a well-organized, detail oriented and hardworking individual to fill this position. The selected candidate will be responsible for all aspects of accounts payable process and assisting with general accounting activities and operations.
• Process all vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursements with proper coding per company requirements.
• Maintain and analyze AP aging reports.
• Resolve vendor billing and employee expense reimbursement discrepancies.
• Prepare analysis and reports associated with accounts payable.
• Maintain vendor documents.
• Communicate internally and externally for clarification and approval of all expenses.
• Ad-hoc expense analysis as needed.
• Assist with general accounting activities and act as a back up to International A/P as needed.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years related experience.
• Intacct accounting system experience a plus.
• Experience with expense coding, classification, Inter company transactions preferred.
• Effective communication skills.
• Committed team player that is detail oriented and very organized.
• Ability to work independently (self-starter).
• Positive attitude and ability to multi-task successfully.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Accounts Payable Clerk” in the subject line.
Client Service Representative (NYC Based)
The 451 Group is an independent technology industry analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation. The company’s analysts provide critical and timely insight into the market and competitive dynamics of innovation in emerging technology segments. Clients of the company – at vendor, investor, service-provider and end-user organizations – rely on 451 insights to support both strategic and tactical decision-making for competitive advantage.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and at least two years of experience interacting with clients. Knowledge of the technology industry is preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
The Client Service Representative works in collaboration with the sales team to ensure all needs of our clients are met. The Client Service Representative is responsible for proactively driving, monitoring, and increasing client usage and satisfaction with contracted deliverables. This includes proactive and reactive service by way of client requests and inquiries, coordination of the on-boarding process, web ID set-up, event participation, aligning client initiatives with relevant research, etc.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated professional who thrives in a team-oriented environment and has a keen customer service orientation.
Core job functions include:
To be considered for this opportunity, please send resume along with salary requirements with “CSR- [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Lead Generation Specialist (NYC Based)
451 Research is a leading global analyst and data company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation. We are seeking a bright, creative, result-oriented and hardworking individual to fill our Lead Generation Specialist position.
Manager, Software Engineering (Boston Based)
The Manager, Software Engineering will serve as the key development and implementation resource for high-priority and mission-critical projects. This role will provide capacity as a subject-matter expert for technical architecture definition, design and planning requirements for select engineering projects. This individual will provide leadership and hands-on problem-solving and guidance for other engineering team members.
A small amount of travel to the company’s main office locations (New York, San Francisco and Seattle) will be required for coordinating project planning or design sessions with key stakeholders or product managers.
• Provide management and technical leadership to the software engineering team.
• Provide technical expertise on engineering systems; plan, advise, analyze, design, test, deploy and
manage complex engineering software systems.
• Act as liaison with senior project stakeholders to gather requirements, define scope and help define
timelines for project deliverables.
• Direct and/or implement existing and planned software projects.
• Actively participate and contribute solutions in group design meetings.
• Contribute to the strategy and planning of the IT/software roadmap project identification,
prioritization, resource allocation and timeline planning.
• Work with the VP, Software Engineering to maintain a healthy project backlog while managing
sprint planning sessions and turnover.
• Provide regular audits of dev and production source code; provide recommended improvements
for documentation or coding standards.
• Develop, implement and maintain internal processes, policy and source code management.
• Identify both strategic opportunities and potential threats associated with emerging technologies,
and execute software development plans that ensure the continuity of our market leader position.
• Interact directly with customers, both internal and external, to validate progress and direction of
• Provide justifiable technical decisions to senior management after considering multiple factors
such as time to delivery and resource capacity.
• 10+ years of experience as Software Engineer/Architect, 5+ years managing technical teams.
• 2+ years working with Agile teams and Agile methodologies.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or science field, or, in the absence of a bachelor's degree,
minimum of five years of related software engineering experience.
• Familiarity with Atlassian suite of products: JIRA, Stash/BitBucket, Bamboo and ServiceDesk.
• Exceptional characteristics for leading and managing software developers to deliver projects on
time and on budget.
• Experience in capturing and implementing software requirements.
• Direct experience with defining and implementation of engineering practices and policies.
• Experience as a hands-on developer and key contributor to writing code, with expertise in PHP
code in a condensed timeline while maintaining quality assurance.
• General familiarity with the Joomla! Framework.
• Solid understanding of the Symfony and Laravel PHP Frameworks.
• Solid understanding of database design concepts, MySQL & SQL construction.
• General familiarity with DevOps practices and continuous integration.
• Experience with Linux/OSX command-line tools; comfortable working directly in the CLI.
• Demonstrated experience with version control systems (git).
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Familiarity and execution for all phases of the SDLC.
• Extensive experience working with web services (XML, REST and SOAP).
• Expert understanding of object-oriented programming methodologies.
• Expert understanding of markup (CSS and HTML).
Necessary Technical Skills:
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Manager, Software Engineering- [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Marketing Automation Specialist (Boston Based)
451 Research is looking for a hands-on, business-minded individual with a strong technical grounding in the capabilities and functionality of the Marketo platforms.
This position is responsible for marketing operations systems administration, including primary ownership for Marketo marketing automation platform. This role will act as both the administrator and primary power user for Marketo, setting up and executing programs in Marketo to support our global inbound and outbound demand generation activities and their integration with our lead management processes and systems.
As a key member of the team, this individual will have a hands-on role in the administrative implementation of the platform while helping build and then support the execution of our digital demand-generation programs using Marketo. This will include continuously monitoring and measuring, providing analysis, and optimizing program performance.
The successful candidate will work in collaboration with internal teams to gather requirements and translate business strategy/objectives into technical execution. Ideal candidates should have the desire to work with a marketing automation tool, specifically Marketo, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Marketing Automation Specialist- [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Sales Director, Strategic Accounts (NYC/Boston/San Francisco Based)
Location: Boston/NYC/SF Area
451 Research, an independent IT analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation, is seeking a Director, Strategic Accounts. This position will involve prospecting and closing new clients as well as some retention of existing clients. The position is based in our New York or Boston or San Francisco offices and offers a competitive total compensation package and room for growth within the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and seven or more years of sales experience with external clients. Knowledge of the technology industry or syndicated research services is a plus, and prior experience servicing or supporting the information technology industry is highly preferred.
This is an individual contributor role.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Director, Strategic Accounts” in the subject line.