451 Research is a division of The 451 Group and a leading technology industry analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation. We are growing rapidly and seek qualified candidates in a number of areas.
Talented individuals are sought in the following disciplines:
- Business development
- Research and analysis
The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, Boston and Washington DC/Bethesda, MD. Our team is made up of talented individuals with varied backgrounds that hail from many locations, yet we all work in concert, following a common set of ideals and objectives.
Please see our current openings listed below. If you would like to be considered for future positions in one of the areas outlined above, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 451 Group is an equal opportunity employer that provides competitive pay and benefits to its employees.
Account Executive - Information Technology (Boston/NYC Based)
451 Research, an independent IT analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation, is seeking an Account Executive. This position will involve prospecting and closing new clients as well as some retention of existing clients.
The position could be based in our Boston office and offers a competitive total compensation package and room for growth within the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and three or more years of experience interacting with clients. Knowledge of the technology industry or syndicated research is a preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
Prior experience selling to research is a plus. US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Account Executive - [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Account Manager, Go 2 Market (NYC Based)
Are you well versed in content marketing? Do you have a track record of exceeding your client’s expectations? Are you process driven and detail oriented? Can you partner effectively across internal teams? If so, then read on, because we are looking for you.
451 Research is a pre-eminent IT research and advisory company with offices around the globe, and one of the fastest growing areas of our business is our set of “Go 2 Market” services. We help our technology vendor and service provider clients to build their brand and generate demand by fueling their content marketing engine with our data-driven insight. Our clients license our reports, use our analysts to create custom videos and webinars, commission us to build infographics, and partner with us to create unique content executions. You can find out more here: https://451research.com/go-2-market-services
We are recruiting for a brand new position, the “Go 2 Market Account Manager”. This position will report to the Go 2 Market Product Director, who manages this portfolio of business for 451 Research. You will work in collaboration with the Customer Service Representative (CSR) team and directly with the client to ensure all requirements of Go 2 Market product delivery are met.
The Account Manager is responsible for proactively following and ensuring adherence to standard operating procedures related to contracted webinar, video and other custom product deliverables. This includes proactive and reactive service by way of client requests and inquiries related to webinars/videos, requests from Sales Representatives and coordination of webinar delivery by Analysts, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and three to five years of experience interacting with clients. Experience with managing the delivery of webinars and integrated media campaigns a plus. Knowledge of the technology industry is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated professional who thrives in a team-oriented environment, has a keen customer service orientation and demonstrable project management capabilities. You must be able to handle multiple and competing project priorities in this fast-paced environment.
Core job functions include:
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “AM-Go 2 Market- [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Accounts Payable Clerk (NYC Corporate Office)
The 451 Group, an independent technology industry analyst and datacenter certification provider, is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our accounting department in our New York Office. We are seeking a well-organized, detail oriented and hardworking individual to fill this position. The selected candidate will be responsible for all aspects of accounts payable process and assisting with general accounting activities and operations.
• Process all vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursements with proper coding per company requirements.
• Maintain and analyze AP aging reports.
• Resolve vendor billing and employee expense reimbursement discrepancies.
• Prepare analysis and reports associated with accounts payable.
• Maintain vendor documents.
• Communicate internally and externally for clarification and approval of all expenses.
• Ad-hoc expense analysis as needed.
• Assist with general accounting activities and act as a back up to International A/P as needed.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years related experience.
• Intacct accounting system experience a plus.
• Experience with expense coding, classification, Inter company transactions preferred.
• Effective communication skills.
• Committed team player that is detail oriented and very organized.
• Ability to work independently (self-starter).
• Positive attitude and ability to multi-task successfully.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Accounts Payable Clerk” in the subject line.
Business Development Representative (NYC Based)
451 Research, an independent IT analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT This position will promote 451 Research’s new subscription based peer-collaboration tools to IT end-user decision makers. The position is based in our New York office and offers a competitive total compensation package and huge potential for growth within the organization and in compensation.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, excellent written and verbal communication and two or more years of experience interacting with clients whether by telephone, email or in-person. Knowledge of the technology industry, community programs or business information sales is a preferred, but not an absolute requirement. The successful candidate will listen and learn; be prepared to adapt; and to handle a high volume of activity.
This positions reports directly to the COO. Due to the strategic importance of this initiative, this is a fast-track opportunity with huge growth potential. This is a unique opportunity to join a critical project on the ground floor! Exceptional career opportunity coupled with stellar earning growth potential.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Business Development Representative -Your Name” in the subject line.
Client Service Representative (NYC Based)
The 451 Group is an independent technology industry analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation. The company’s analysts provide critical and timely insight into the market and competitive dynamics of innovation in emerging technology segments. Clients of the company – at vendor, investor, service-provider and end-user organizations – rely on 451 insights to support both strategic and tactical decision-making for competitive advantage.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and at least two years of experience interacting with clients. Knowledge of the technology industry is preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
The Client Service Representative works in collaboration with the sales team to ensure all needs of our clients are met. The Client Service Representative is responsible for proactively driving, monitoring, and increasing client usage and satisfaction with contracted deliverables. This includes proactive and reactive service by way of client requests and inquiries, coordination of the on-boarding process, web ID set-up, event participation, aligning client initiatives with relevant research, etc.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated professional who thrives in a team-oriented environment and has a keen customer service orientation.
Core job functions include:
To be considered for this opportunity, please send resume along with salary requirements with “CSR- [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Director, Account Based Marketing (ABM) (NYC Based)
Location: NYC or Boston
We are seeking a highly motivated, senior marketing talent who is ready to build an Account Based Marketing (ABM) program from the ground up. You will join a dedicated and supportive marketing team with a great deal of content marketing know-how. And while we are proud of the nearly 20,000 leads we bring in each year, we need you to sharpen our focus.
Reporting directly to the SVP of Marketing, you will develop the processes, strategies and content requirements needed to execute best-in-class ABM campaigns and programs. You will partner with the sales team to engage and expand our footprint within our top 20 accounts, and design a customized marketing outreach plan for each of your client accounts with the goal of driving retention and growth.
Marketing at 451 Research is a full-contact sport. Your success will be directly measured by your impact on the accounts you share with the sales team. This means you must have a sales-oriented mindset and be excited by the prospect of taking on a ‘marketing impact quota’ for your accounts. You will roll up your sleeves at the start of every day and be ready to do whatever it takes to deliver results.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Director, ABM” in the subject line.
Manager, Software Engineering (Boston Based)
The Manager, Software Engineering will serve as the key development and implementation resource for high-priority and mission-critical projects. This role will provide capacity as a subject-matter expert for technical architecture definition, design and planning requirements for select engineering projects. This individual will provide leadership and hands-on problem-solving and guidance for other engineering team members.
A small amount of travel to the company’s main office locations (New York, San Francisco and Seattle) will be required for coordinating project planning or design sessions with key stakeholders or product managers.
• Provide management and technical leadership to the software engineering team.
• Provide technical expertise on engineering systems; plan, advise, analyze, design, test, deploy and
manage complex engineering software systems.
• Act as liaison with senior project stakeholders to gather requirements, define scope and help define
timelines for project deliverables.
• Direct and/or implement existing and planned software projects.
• Actively participate and contribute solutions in group design meetings.
• Contribute to the strategy and planning of the IT/software roadmap project identification,
prioritization, resource allocation and timeline planning.
• Work with the VP, Software Engineering to maintain a healthy project backlog while managing
sprint planning sessions and turnover.
• Provide regular audits of dev and production source code; provide recommended improvements
for documentation or coding standards.
• Develop, implement and maintain internal processes, policy and source code management.
• Identify both strategic opportunities and potential threats associated with emerging technologies,
and execute software development plans that ensure the continuity of our market leader position.
• Interact directly with customers, both internal and external, to validate progress and direction of
• Provide justifiable technical decisions to senior management after considering multiple factors
such as time to delivery and resource capacity.
• 10+ years of experience as Software Engineer/Architect, 3+ years managing technical teams.
• 2+ years working with Agile teams and Agile methodologies.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or science field, or, in the absence of a bachelor's degree,
minimum of five years of related software engineering experience.
• Familiarity with Atlassian suite of products: JIRA, Stash/BitBucket, Bamboo and ServiceDesk.
• Exceptional characteristics for leading and managing software developers to deliver projects on
time and on budget.
• Experience in capturing and implementing software requirements.
• Direct experience with defining and implementation of engineering practices and policies.
• Experience as a hands-on developer and key contributor to writing code, with expertise in PHP
code in a condensed timeline while maintaining quality assurance.
• General familiarity with the Joomla! Framework.
• Solid understanding of the Symfony and Laravel PHP Frameworks.
• Solid understanding of database design concepts, MySQL & SQL construction.
• General familiarity with DevOps practices and continuous integration.
• Experience with Linux/OSX command-line tools; comfortable working directly in the CLI.
• Demonstrated experience with version control systems (git).
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Familiarity and execution for all phases of the SDLC.
• Extensive experience working with web services (XML, REST and SOAP).
• Expert understanding of object-oriented programming methodologies.
• Expert understanding of markup (CSS and HTML).
Necessary Technical Skills:
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Manager, Software Engineering- [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Marketing Automation Specialist (Boston Based)
451 Research is looking for a hands-on, business-minded individual with a strong technical grounding in the capabilities and functionality of the Marketo platforms.
This position is responsible for marketing operations systems administration, including primary ownership for Marketo marketing automation platform. This role will act as both the administrator and primary power user for Marketo, setting up and executing programs in Marketo to support our global inbound and outbound demand generation activities and their integration with our lead management processes and systems.
As a key member of the team, this individual will have a hands-on role in the administrative implementation of the platform while helping build and then support the execution of our digital demand-generation programs using Marketo. This will include continuously monitoring and measuring, providing analysis, and optimizing program performance.
The successful candidate will work in collaboration with internal teams to gather requirements and translate business strategy/objectives into technical execution. Ideal candidates should have the desire to work with a marketing automation tool, specifically Marketo, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Marketing Automation Specialist- [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Project Manager, 451 Advisory (Boston Based)
451 Research Advisory is the consulting/professional services arm of 451 Research. The Advisors team provides project-based custom market and industry research, as well as prescriptive guidance to support corporate and product strategy and development, market and competitive intelligence, go-to-market initiatives, and technology and infrastructure strategy and planning.
Our Advisors business has achieved exceptional growth, and now seeks to create a formal Project Management function to ensure consistency in planning and executing projects around the world.
Job Summary and Mission:
As a project manager, you will partner closely with 451 Advisory, 451 Research and business stakeholders, collaborating on project planning and execution, and project delivery.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• In collaboration with senior consultants, develop project plans, objectives and schedules that support client and company objectives and business unit/department needs. Work with key stakeholders to define the scope, business objectives and required project results to establish project schedules and budgets. Estimate, negotiate and obtain resources to meet project requirements.
• Manage resourcing and monitor project schedules, progress, and costs to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget by the most effective means available. Maintain, adjust and update project plans as needed.
• Consolidate, communicate and manage all issues and risks affecting the project.
• Communicate project status to project participants and stakeholders accurately and in a timely fashion.
• Support development and implementation of new project management system and process improvements.
• Maintain accurate project records in the appropriate systems to facilitate continuous planning, reporting and momentum.
• Lead project teams and sub-teams in project execution, ensuring compliance with established company project management methodologies and standards. Ensure that all project documentation is completed accurately and on time.
• Work cross-functionally with 451 Advisory, 451 Research, business clients and other key stakeholders to ensure successful completion of projects.
• Compile and deliver periodic and ad hoc reports as needed, including project- and department-level status, forecasts, metrics, KPIs, etc.
Summary of Experience:
• Experience as a project manager (3+ years)
• Demonstrated management skills and the ability to work effectively to build relationships with executive management, department managers and project managers.
• Minimum of three years’ experience as a project manager.
• Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• Experience with project management methodology based on project management principles.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities.
• Capability to successfully manage 100-125 projects annually and 20-30 concurrently.
• Ability to lead by example and build teams with a confident and positive attitude, patience, honesty, integrity, and a strong sense of commitment.
• Work effectively with distributed, remote and global teams.
• Ability to engage in difficult conversations that result in positive, actionable outcomes.
• Seek and provides honest, transparent feedback.
• Ability to build and lead high-performing project teams.
• Drive decision-making that favors compromise and alignment over consensus-building.
• Ability to facilitate project team engagements.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong skills in the MS Office Product Suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Project Manager - 451 Advisory [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Sales Director, Strategic Accounts (NYC/Boston/San Francisco Based)
Location: Boston/NYC/SF Area
451 Research, an independent IT analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation, is seeking a Director, Strategic Accounts. This position will involve prospecting and closing new clients as well as some retention of existing clients. The position is based in our New York or Boston or San Francisco offices and offers a competitive total compensation package and room for growth within the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and seven or more years of sales experience with external clients. Knowledge of the technology industry or syndicated research services is a plus, and prior experience servicing or supporting the information technology industry is highly preferred.
This is an individual contributor role.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Director, Strategic Accounts” in the subject line.