451 Research is a division of The 451 Group and a leading technology industry analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation. We are growing rapidly and seek qualified candidates in a number of areas.
Talented individuals are sought in the following disciplines:
- Business development
- Research and analysis
The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, Boston and Washington DC/Bethesda, MD. Our team is made up of talented individuals with varied backgrounds that hail from many locations, yet we all work in concert, following a common set of ideals and objectives.
Please see our current openings listed below. If you would like to be considered for future positions in one of the areas outlined above, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 451 Group is an equal opportunity employer that provides competitive pay and benefits to its employees.
Research Associate I - (Boston Based)
Location: Boston, MA
451 Research, a technology-industry analyst firm, seeks self-motivated individuals with strong writing and interpersonal skills to join its Associates program. This program is designed to develop strong candidates into Technology Industry Analysts within 3-5 years. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual who wishes to build a career in the technology sector while working in a rapidly growing entrepreneurial company. 451 Research provides a strong benefits plan and offers a stimulating, fast-paced work environment.
The single most important requirement for this position is curiosity about the industry and the ability to look beyond what is happening to understand why it is happening, and how it affects specific players in the market. Beyond that, the candidate must have excellent Web research skills as well as problem-solving skills. The applicant must be highly organized and self-directed. The ideal candidate would have some understanding about the enterprise information technology marketplace; however, this is not a requirement.
451 Research prides itself on the quality of the writing that goes into its research reports. As such, not only does the analysis need to be objective, but we expect clarity, logic, brevity and craftsmanship. Two writing tests will be part of the selection process.
The associate will be responsible for meeting deadlines for projects, most of which will involve secondary research. Projects will be assigned from across the sectors that 451 Research covers. The following is an illustrative list of responsibilities:
Associates will be required to work at 451 Research's Boston office. Telecommuting will not be an option for Associates.
451 Research is a technology-industry analyst company focused on emerging enterprise information technologies. It provides independent online, subscription-based, syndicated analysis and data services to technology vendors, investors, securities market professionals and end users.
Account Executive - Information Technology (Boston Based)
Location: Boston Office
451 Research, an independent IT analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation, is seeking an Account Executive. This position will involve prospecting and closing new clients as well as some retention of existing clients.
The position could be based in New York or Boston and offers a competitive total compensation package and room for growth within the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and three or more years of experience interacting with clients. Knowledge of the technology industry or syndicated research is a preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
Prior experience selling to research is a plus. US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Account Executive - [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Director, Strategic Accounts (San Francisco/Boston/New York Based)
Report to: Vice President of Sales, Strategic Accounts
Location: San Francisco, CA, Boston, MA, or New York, NY based
451 Research, an independent IT analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation, is seeking a Director, Strategic Accounts. This position will involve prospecting and closing new clients as well as some retention of existing clients. The position is based in one of our offices and offers a competitive total compensation package and room for growth within the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and seven or more years of sales experience with external clients. Knowledge of the technology industry or syndicated research services is a plus, and prior experience servicing or supporting the financial industry is highly preferred. US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
• Generate new sales opportunities through systematic prospecting, outbound calls and trial management.
• Drives sales by focusing on serving, retaining, and growing our premier clients and by developing the strategic selling skills of the team
• Question and uncover prospects’ unique business needs in order to manage the trial process, tailoring information that 451 Research provides to those needs.
• Clearly and effectively work with the Vice President, Strategic Accounts to demonstrate 451’s value proposition through in-person and over the phone presentations.
• Consistently achieve monthly sales targets and quarterly goals.
• Liaise with client services to ensure clients gain maximum value from research relationships and develop global account strategies.
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree.
• 5+ years of professional experience preferred
• Direct sales experience preferred.
• Understanding of the technology and/or market research industry
• Proven experience managing large accounts, achieving revenue goals, and managing sales strategies.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (phone experience a must).
• Experience with all MS office applications, a CRM software, and a proven ability to be resourceful leveraging technology and web platforms for enhanced due diligence.
• An interest in a long-term role and growth opportunities.
We are a growing company, and we like to hire people who can grow with us. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a growing organization at the pulse of what matters most; driving revenue.
For consideration, please send us your resume with the Subject Line "Director, Strategic Accounts - [Your Name]"
HR Generalist (Boston Based)
HR Generalist works closely with the VP of HR in supporting our Boston office by implementing human resources programs and solving performance problems. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: training and development, employee relations, recruiting and onboarding, coaching managers, handling workers compensation claims, performance management, policy implementation, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
To be considered, please provide your resume along with salary requirement with the Subject Line "HR Generalist - [Your Name]"
Manager, Strategic Initiatives (Philadelphia Based)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The 451 Group is a leading provider of technology business intelligence, syndicated market research, market data, consulting services, conferences, and standards and certifications. Through its two market-facing operating divisions, 451 Research and Uptime Institute, The 451 Group helps clients make better and faster decisions on mission critical priorities, gain competitive advantage and improve their return on investment. Established in 2000, The 451 Group is headquartered in New York, with offices in key global locations, including Bethesda, Boston, Denver, Dubai, London, Moscow, Philadelphia, San Francisco, São Paulo, Seattle, Singapore, and Taipei.
With a core focus on technology innovation and market disruption, 451 Research (www.451research.com) provides essential business intelligence, nuanced insight and unique market data to leaders of the digital economy. More than 110 analysts deliver that business value via syndicated research and proprietary data, advisory services, and live events.
Uptime Institute, the “Global Data Center Authority”, is focused on improving the performance, reliability and efficiency of business critical infrastructure through IT industry leading standards and certifications, research, and consulting. Uptime Institute (www.uptimeinstitute.com) is best known for its creation and global administration of the Tier Standards for Data Center Design, Constructed Facility, and Operational Sustainability, along with its Management and Operations (M&O) reviews.
The Manager, Strategic Initiatives is responsible for helping develop the strategic vision for The 451 Group and the Group's divisions, including 451 Research and Uptime Institute, evaluating new opportunities, and analyzing and making recommendations to optimize the performance of the Group’s business lines. The position will report to the Executive Vice President of the Group and work closely with senior team members of the Group, including the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer and Presidents and Chief Operating Officers of the Group’s subsidiaries.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Membership Recruitment and Services Coordinator (Boston Based)
Location: Boston, MA
451 Research is a leading global analyst and data company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation. We are seeking a bright, creative, goal-oriented, and hardworking individual to fill our Membership Recruitment and Services Coordinator position. The selected candidate will work with our Membership & Recruitment team to build, grow, manage and nurture our 451 survey research networks.
451 Research conducts large sample surveys of its networks of enterprise technology and IT management professionals. These individuals have a broad range of expertise – including datacenter technologies, cloud computing, information security, storage and other digital infrastructure technology areas. The intelligence provided by 451 Research provides a real-time view of global changes in business technologies and IT spending, along with company trends.
• Play a key role in the Membership Recruitment program, including targeting and managing of lists, content creation, broadcasting emails, accrediting applicants, campaign tracking, response rates, etc.
• Play a key role in the Membership Retention program, including engaging and nurturing members, reactivating non-participating members, maintaining tracking systems, etc. This includes participating in phone, email and snail mail outreach to increase engagement of our members.
• Assist with membership management – including accreditation, profile verification, database maintenance/updates/quality control, analytics, customer service, webinars, etc.
• Maintain membership website and prepare incentive content for members
• Opportunity to attend conferences and events, including manning booths, recruiting new members, interacting with prospective members, etc.
• Other duties and responsibilities as needed
• Previous membership recruitment experience – including managing email outreach campaigns a plus
• Strong technical background – including significant experience with Excel and CRM/membership databases
• Strong writing/editorial/content management skills
• Database management
• Previous experience with Marketo a plus
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
• Strong communication skills and relationship building
• Creative problem solver
• Ability to multi-task
• Work well under pressure and tight deadlines
• Basic knowledge of HTML, Adobe Dreamweaver and/or Fireworks preferred
Education and Training:
• Bachelors Degree in related field
• 2+ years relevant work experience
To be considered for this opportunity, please send resume along with salary requirements with “Membership Coordinator - [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Payroll Administrator (New York Based)
Location: NYC Office
The 451 Group an independent technology industry analyst and datacenter certification provider is seeking a Payroll Administrator to join our accounting department in the New York Office.
The selected candidate will be responsible for processing all aspects of a semi-monthly, US multi-state payroll using Paylocity, run international payrolls through 3rd party providers and assisting with general accounting activities.
Sales Director (London based)
451 Research, an independent IT analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation, seeks a Senior Account Executive to help expand our client base in Europe.
The ideal candidate will be an evangelical salesperson who can initiate, develop and build lasting relationships with prospects and customers alike. You will be intelligent and articulate, have experience landing and growing new and existing account revenue, and have experience selling directly to mid-large complex organisations. An Interest in and knowledge of the ICT industry is required, experience working in the syndicated research or consultancy services industry is a plus.
The position is based in our London office and offers a competitive total compensation package and room for growth within the organisation.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.
• Develop a robust and well-qualified sales pipeline.
• Identify, reach and influence key decision makers and stakeholders within targeted prospects.
• Serve as both "Hunter" and "Consultative Sales Professional" - often at the same time.
• Consistently achieve monthly sales targets and quarterly goals.
• Liaise with analysts, consultants and client services teams to ensure your clients gain maximum value from research relationships
• Travel as required to meet sales objectives
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree.
• 5+ years of Sales experience, focusing on New Business Development.
• Clear track record of significantly growing renewable revenue
• Understanding of key ICT markets and practitioners
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• An interest in a long-term role and growth opportunities.
We offer an excellent career progression opportunity, competitive salaries, uncapped and realistic OTEs.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting your suitability and salary expectation with the Subject line: "Sales Director - (Your Name)"
Senior Data Analyst (Boston Based)
Location: Boston MA
451 Research is the premier provider of peer-based research for Global Information Technology (IT) Professionals. We are seeking a hardworking, goal-oriented, high energy individual to fill our Senior Data Analyst position. The selected candidate will be responsible for data analysis and visualization, tabulation, research, and supporting report publication.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Solid understanding of statistical methods, relational databases and market research analytics with at least 3 years of hands-on experience in data manipulation, reporting, and analytic findings, insights, and transforming insights into recommendation writing.
• Excellent skills with SPSS, knowledge of R, Python, SAS, SQL or VBA are a plus
• Experience with surveys and survey software platforms (i.e., Qualtrics)
• Expertise with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.)
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
• Experience with other analytic tools, database, data visualization tools are a plus
• Play a key role in overall survey and research process, including data collection and tabulation, data presentation, and analysis.
• Strong work ethic with an aspiration to grow professionally
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Desire to learn and work with disparate software platforms (survey measurement, data analysis and data visualization tools)
• Great communication skills, team player, able to collaborate with others
• BA in a related field (e.g., statistics, marketing, market research, business management), Master or Ph.D. degree are a plus
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a growing technology advisory firm with talented industry respected experts and lists of world renowned clients.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Senior Data Analyst - [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Sponsorship Sales Manager (New York Based)
Position Description Summary:
The successful candidate will have the ability to develop, manage and execute sales strategies to meet and exceed 451 Events sponsorship revenue budgets.
This individual will be required to drive sponsorship sales for 451 Group Events on an individual basis and will be tasked with new business sponsorship sales and successful account management and renewal business of clients across a portfolio of events.
451 Group Events produce industry defining events that drive the agenda for the global Digital Infrastructure community that includes IT End Users, Service Providers, Vendors and Investors.
Held in locations reflecting our global reach across the United States, Europe and Asia, 451 Group Events, through 451 Research Events and Uptime Institute Regional Symposia, are the platform to deliver actionable insight supporting strategic and tactical decision making in areas driving the industry and growth market sectors.
At 451 Group Events, attendees gain actionable insight from 451 Research analysts, Uptime Institute practitioners, industry visionaries and end user best practice delivered through groundbreaking keynotes, case study presentations and one-on on meetings, all underpinned by high quality opportunities to network and learn from industry peers.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities: