451 Research is a division of The 451 Group and a leading technology industry analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation. We are growing rapidly and seek qualified candidates in a number of areas.
Talented individuals are sought in the following disciplines:
- Business development
- Research and analysis
The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, Boston and Washington DC/Bethesda, MD. Our team is made up of talented individuals with varied backgrounds that hail from many locations, yet we all work in concert, following a common set of ideals and objectives.
Please see our current openings listed below. If you would like to be considered for future positions in one of the areas outlined above, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 451 Group is an equal opportunity employer that provides competitive pay and benefits to its employees.
Account Executive - Information Technology (Boston Based)
451 Research, an independent IT analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation, is seeking an Account Executive. This position will involve prospecting and closing new clients as well as some retention of existing clients.
The position could be based in our Boston office and offers a competitive total compensation package and room for growth within the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and three or more years of experience interacting with clients. Knowledge of the technology industry or syndicated research is a preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
Prior experience selling to research is a plus. US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Account Executive - [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Client Service Representative (NYC Based)
The 451 Group is an independent technology industry analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation. The company’s analysts provide critical and timely insight into the market and competitive dynamics of innovation in emerging technology segments. Clients of the company – at vendor, investor, service-provider and end-user organizations – rely on 451 insights to support both strategic and tactical decision-making for competitive advantage.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and at least two years of experience interacting with clients. Knowledge of the technology industry is preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
The Client Service Representative works in collaboration with the sales team to ensure all needs of our clients are met. The Client Service Representative is responsible for proactively driving, monitoring, and increasing client usage and satisfaction with contracted deliverables. This includes proactive and reactive service by way of client requests and inquiries, coordination of the on-boarding process, web ID set-up, event participation, aligning client initiatives with relevant research, etc.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated professional who thrives in a team-oriented environment and has a keen customer service orientation.
Core job functions include:
• Field inbound client requests and research inquiries.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of 451 Research’s analysis, data and analyst expertise
• Proactively interact with clients regarding their business and technology issues to align with 451 Research’s analysis and data.
• Input key data into internal CRM system (Salesforce.com) by documenting all client interaction, as well as monitoring time logged for analyst/sales interaction.
• Coordinate and facilitate Welcome Calls with new and renewing clients.
• Partner with our I.T. team to troubleshoot any access issues clients may experience.
• Conduct website training for clients.
• Support ad-hoc projects and programs for internal and external clients.
• Work with Marketing to support and execute messages to client base (e.g., product/service changes, company changes, and email campaigns).
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree.
• 1-2 years of professional experience with client-facing activities
• Ability to be sociable, flexible, open-minded and creative
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (phone experience a must)
• Experience with all MS office applications, a CRM software (salesforce.com ideal), and a proven ability to use a computer intelligently
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize among conflicting demands
• An interest in a long-term role. We are a growing company, and we like to hire people who can grow with us.
• Demonstrated sense of urgency
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Solid relationship management skills
• Strong team and collaborative orientation
• High level of energy and passion
• Strong sense of professional accountability and integrity
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a growing organization at the pulse of what matters most; keeping our clients happy.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send resume along with salary requirements with “CSR- [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Director, Sales (San Francisco, NYC or Boston Based)
Location: NYC/Boston/San Francisco
451 Research, an independent IT analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation, seeks a Director, Sales. As the Director, you will lead an account executive team whose primary goal is to generate revenue and maximize profits. The position could be based in our NYC office (Corporate), Boston office or San Francisco office and offers a competitive total compensation package and room for growth within the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and ten or more years of sales experience with external clients. Knowledge of the technology industry or syndicated research services is a plus, and prior experience servicing or supporting the financial industry is highly preferred.
• Direct the management staff in meeting sales objectives and goals.
• Plan, direct and implement sales programs for one or more of the company's product line.
• Develop, forecast and monitor budget and use operational resources.
• Maintain contact with key markets and customers while maximizing potential volume.
• Plan and direct sales force activities to maximize profit from all segments of the market.
• Lead the team to generate new sales opportunities through systematic prospecting, outbound calls and trial management.
• Drive questions and uncover prospects’ unique business needs in order to manage the trial process, tailoring the information that 451 Research provides to those needs.
• Clearly and effectively work with the Chief Revenue Officer to demonstrate 451 Research’s value proposition through in-person and over-the-phone presentations.
• Consistently achieve monthly sales targets and quarterly goals.
• Liaise with client services to ensure that clients gain maximum value from research relationships.
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree.
• 10+ years of professional experience.
• Direct sales management experience preferred.
• Understanding of basic IT research principles and key markets of the IT landscape.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (phone experience a must).
• Experience with all MS office applications, a CRM software and a proven ability to be resourceful in leveraging technology and web platforms for enhanced due diligence.
• An interest in a long-term role and growth opportunities.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Director, Sales - [Your Name]” in the subject line.
HR Generalist (Boston Based)
HR Generalist works closely with the VP of HR in supporting our Boston office by implementing human resources programs and solving performance problems. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: training and development, employee relations, recruiting and onboarding, coaching managers, handling workers compensation claims, performance management, policy implementation, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
To be considered, please provide your resume along with salary requirement with the Subject Line "HR Generalist - [Your Name]"
Managing Director, Member Acquisition & Engagement (Boston Based)
The Managing Director, Member Acquisition & Engagement is responsible for planning, innovating and executing programs to drive our fast growing 451 Alliance communities. These communities, or panels, are created and grown principally as a source of survey-based market research. This is a highly visible and strategic role. The membership network is already critical to the ongoing success of numerous 451 Research services, including the Voice of the Enterprise research products. Over time, expanding both the size of 451’s communities and diversifying the ways we engage with them is a strategic driver for the company as a whole.
We seek a highly qualified individual who can take an analytically-driven approach to expanding our membership of 50,000+ IT professionals and ensure ongoing engagement activities.
In this position you will oversee the day to day operations of our membership team and serve as a thought leader in developing programs to expand & diversify our membership, optimize our content-based incentives program and build our membership retention strategies.
There are five key elements to our Alliance programs and success criteria for this role include:
Receptionist (NYC Corporate Office Based)
Location: New York City Corporate Office
This Receptionist is responsible for: managing the reception desk, responding to calls, greeting clients and visitors, scheduling conference rooms, ordering kitchen and rest room supplies and maintaining lobby area and conference rooms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for front desk duties including, but not limited to, receiving and transferring incoming phone calls, updating the New York Directory, maintaining files, and greeting employees and visitors.
• Complete all daily requirements on the Receptionist Maintenance Checklist.
• Assist visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing, and announcing them appropriately.
• Maintain a neat, professional and orderly reception area.
• Maintain professional and courteous demeanor with clients and office personnel.
• Answer, screen, and forward any incoming calls in a timely manner and direct them to appropriate staff.
• Receive, sort and distribute all incoming mail and other deliveries/couriers.
• Assist as needed with mailings, overnight deliveries, certified mail, DHL, etc.
• Maintain and order office, kitchen and restroom supplies as needed.
• Ensure break areas are stocked with general supplies.
• Assist with the scheduling of conference room booking requests.
• Ensure that conference rooms are orderly and appropriately supplied.
• Order refreshments and food as necessary for company meetings.
• Assist with the coordination and tracking of contract and invoice payments for company events.
• Assist CFO on an as needed basis.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum 2 years Receptionist related experience.
• Excellent communications skills both oral and written.
Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Basic understanding of office technology, systems & equipment.
• Ability to perform minimal physical activity such as walking and carrying small packages.
• Proven track record of providing exceptional customer service skills in the presence of Executive level employees and guests.
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Receptionist - [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Senior Project Cost Accountant (New York Based)
The Senior Project Cost Accountant provides a sound analysis of financial data, Key Performance Indicators for the company’s project and overall performance. This includes supporting operations staff in reviewing, analyzing and reporting on our syndicated research, advisory services, and events profitability, direct and indirect labor, subcontractor costs, and other overhead costs incurred in the operating segments.
You will assist your internal clients, Executives and Project Managers (PM), to understand and interpret this data, and help determine subsequent actions. The 451 Group takes a collaborative approach to project management and you must be able to communicate effectively with project teams as well as company’s Executive Team.
The ideal candidate must be organized and able to meet deadlines, as well as have the ability to critically analyze financial data and interpret it for project teams without a financial background. You will direct the day to day company wide cost accounting functions to provide timely and accurate information on costs, pricing, reporting, and resource allocation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Manage all aspects of cost accounting including the preparation, review and analysis of research product and professional services, standard costing, overhead allocation and variance analysis.
• Produce job cost reports on a bi-weekly basis and review with Assistant Controller.
• Review and analyze financial condition of projects on regular basis and advise Assistant Controller of next steps.
• Planning, analyzing, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity for research products and professional services, and to determine effects on costs.
• Analyze changes in research product and/or professional services provided and assist in identifying the need for additional services through analysis of reports.
• Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of research products or professional services projects.
• Evaluates special projects and feasibility studies (new research products, customers, methods or services) to determine impact on costs and revenues.
• Compiles, monitors, and analyzes cost changes and related reports (quarterly pricing, pricing schedules, cost savings projects) in research products, professional services, analyst involvement, overhead, production methods, and wages to facilitate pricing decisions.
• Prepare the project profitability and firm operating statistics and reviews with Assistant Controller quarterly.
• Assist with month-end closing and reporting and reconcile monthly revenue to forecast and discuss variances with Assistant Controller.
• Update revenue forecasts with input from Executives and review with Assistant Controller.
• Assist and work with Assistant Controller, PM and project teams in budgeting for new/potential projects and solving various project financial questions.
• Evaluate time sheets for general accuracy and adherence to project budgets.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
• Minimum of 5 solid years of Cost Analysis experience in a Services Environment.
• Strong cost systems background with excellent analytical skills and sound understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Experience working with project managers and analysts on development and analysis of cost standards.
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, PowerPoint required with advanced Excel skills.
• Experience working with upper management.
• Experience working with International entities is a plus.
• Excellent time and project management skills.
• Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send resume along with salary requirements with “Senior Project Cost Accountant- [Your Name]” in the subject line.