451 Research is a division of The 451 Group and a leading technology industry analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation. We are growing rapidly and seek qualified candidates in a number of areas.
Talented individuals are sought in the following disciplines:
- Business development
- Research and analysis
The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, Boston and Washington DC/Bethesda, MD. Our team is made up of talented individuals with varied backgrounds that hail from many locations, yet we all work in concert, following a common set of ideals and objectives.
Please see our current openings listed below. If you would like to be considered for future positions in one of the areas outlined above, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 451 Group is an equal opportunity employer that provides competitive pay and benefits to its employees.
Account Executive - Financial Services (NY Based)
451 Research, an independent IT analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation, is seeking an account executive. This position will involve prospecting and closing new clients as well as some retention of existing clients. The position is based in Boston or New York and offers a competitive total compensation package and room for growth within the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and three or more years of experience interacting with clients. Knowledge of the technology industry or syndicated research services is a plus, and prior experience servicing or supporting the financial industry is a highly preferred.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
Generate new sales opportunities through systematic prospecting, outbound calls and trial management.
Question and uncover prospects’ unique business needs in order to manage the trial process, tailoring information that 451 Research provides to those needs.
Clearly and effectively work with the Managing Director of Financial Markets to demonstrate 451’s value proposition through in-person and over the phone presentations.
Consistently achieve monthly sales targets and quarterly goals.
Liaise with client services to ensure clients gain maximum value from research relationships.
Minimum of a bachelor's degree.
5+ years of professional experience preferred, 2 – 3 years in client- facing roles.
Direct sales experience preferred.
Understanding of basic financial principles and key markets of the financial landscape
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (phone experience a must).
Experience with all MS office applications, a CRM software, and a proven ability to be resourceful leveraging technology and web platforms for enhanced due diligence.
An interest in a long-term role and growth opportunities.
To be considered, please provide your resume along with salary requirement with the Subject Line "Account Executive, Financial Services - [Your Name]"
Account Executive - IT (Boston or NY Based)
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and three or more years of experience interacting with clients. Knowledge of the technology industry or syndicated research is a preferred, but not an absolute requirement. Prior experience selling to research is a plus. US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
•Generate new sales opportunities through systematic prospecting, outbound calls and trial management.
•Question and uncover prospects’ unique business needs in order to manage the trial process, tailoring information that 451 Research provides to those needs.
•Clearly and effectively work with the Managing Director to demonstrate 451’s value proposition through in-person and over the phone presentations.
•Consistently achieve monthly sales targets and quarterly goals.
•Liaise with client services to ensure clients gain maximum value from research relationships.
•Minimum of a bachelor's degree.
•3 to 5 years of professional experience preferred, 1-2 years in client-facing roles.
•Direct sales experience preferred.
•Understanding of basic research sales
•Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (phone experience a must).
•Experience with all MS office applications, a CRM software, and a proven ability to be resourceful leveraging technology and web platforms for enhanced due diligence.
•An interest in a long-term role and growth opportunities.
We are a growing company, and we like to hire people who can grow with us. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a growing organization at the pulse of what matters most; driving revenue.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Account Executive - [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Business Development Executive (London, UK Based)
We continue to expand our global footprint, offering an excellent opportunity for a career-driven and ambitious Sales Executive looking to establish a fruitful sales career in an ever-growing private organisation.
Our Business Development Executives are responsible for identifying potential new clients for research subscription & advisory project clients. We are seeking confident business development professionals with a keen interest in Technology. In addition, a proven track record of successful B2B sales would be an advantage. We will also consider high calibre graduates with a genuine desire and skills to succeed in a B2B sales career.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
• Establishing sales opportunities by networking, building relationships, establishing needs, conducting online demonstrations and closing deals.
• Managing and developing your client base through both established business and new business opportunities
• Developing your understanding of 451 Research products, our competitors and clients to enable maximised sales and revenue generation.
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Previous experience in B2B sales/desire to enter into B2B sales
• A Bachelors degree, or equivalent qualification would be preferred
• Consultative sales experience would an advantage
• Proven success in a sales role dealing with senior management in multi-national companies would be an advantage
• Strong presentation, communication, negotiation and relationship building skills
• Highly developed business acumen and the ability to understand the wider issues of the industry
• The ability to identify new revenue opportunities and maximise product potential
This is an excellent opportunity with unlimited earning potential for a driven, tenacious, intelligent, articulate, ambitious and intuitive Business Development Executive who is looking to establish a career in a global business intelligence brand with fantastic career development opportunities.
We offer an excellent career progression opportunity, competitive salaries, uncapped and realistic OTEs,
Desired Skills and Experience
• business development
• technology sales
• Bachelor’s degree
For consideration, please send your resume with the Subject Title, "Business Development Executive (London, UK Based) - [Your Name]".
Datacenter Technologies Analyst (US Based)
If you think you would enjoy helping our clients understand these issues, then 451 Research would like to speak with you. We are looking for an analyst to work in our expanding and widely respected Datacenter Technologies Research practice, covering companies, technologies, and market developments. This is an opportunity to not only watch, but to influence strategies and work with the some of the most innovative and powerful companies at this critical time in the evolution of a global industry.
This role will suit an energetic professional with excellent communication skills and a strong interest in the business and technical evolution of the IT industry. Producing written research is a core function of the job. There are opportunities to work on new research and consulting projects, as well as to review the technologies and strategies of leading companies across the globe.
Although allowances will be made for a strong candidate, the successful candidate should ideally have:
• At least 5 years working experience in the area of datacenters and/or IT or a closely related field such as research analyst, IT journalism etc.
• Proven and testable ability to write and speak in clear English.
• Some understanding of the infrastructure and engineering of datacenters (cooling, power distribution, availability etc), and/or a knowledge of IT infrastructure (servers, virtual machines, networks, management software etc). Hands on experience is not a strict requirement.
• Ability to conceive, plan and write reports for publication.
• Willingness to travel regularly, including occasionally outside the US.
• Presentation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with senior management in client companies.
The successful candidate should ideally be based within an hour or two of one of 451 Research’s offices in San Francisco, New York or Boston, but other locations will be considered for the right candidate. The preferred location is the West Coast. Flexible and remote working can be agreed, where appropriate.
For consideration, please send us your resume with the Subject Line "Datacenter Technologies Analyst - [Your Name]"
Director, Content Marketing (NY Based)
•Write over 2,500 reports
•Create 52 million+ data points
•Deliver thought leadership via hundreds of webinars, videos, and strategy days
•Influence over 13,000 IT practitioners
•Provide insight to thousands of publications and media outlets
•Speak at hundreds of conferences worldwide
•Impact billions of M&A dollars
•Shape critical IT buying and strategy decisions via professional services
Your job will be to harness the power of all this content to build our brand on the world stage and drive high quality leads to sales.
Position Description Summary:
For the right candidate, this is an amazing opportunity… the perfect role for someone who understands digital marketing tactics and wants to ignite a high growth company’s marketing organization. You will have the following responsibilities:
•Identify, nurture, and deliver new prospects to the sales organization via a mix of digital marketing initiatives
•Partner with product teams to achieve revenue goals via product marketing initiatives
•Utilize social channels to drive awareness of our brand
•Fully leverage Marketo
•Measure and demonstrate Marketing ROI
We are looking for someone who has incubated in a solid marketing organization and is now ready to make their mark. You need to have 7+ years of demonstrated success with inbound & outbound marketing. You need to be prepared to tell us stories about how you’ve used great content and solid digital tactics to draw prospects in. While not required, knowledge of the IT sector is preferable.
•Excellent copy writing skills
•Experience using the full inbound and outbound marketing mix
•Experience with SEO
•Knowledge of Salesforce & Marketo
•Experienced at developing and running multiple and concurrent marketing campaigns
•Skilled in creating pre and post communication campaign analysis
•Skilled in social tactics
•Ability to manage outside agencies
•Experience of working on global campaigns a plus
•Product Management/Marketing background a plus
•Manager experience a plus
Key personal characteristics required:
•Enthusiasm and optimism
•A strong, dynamic leadership style, assertive and with the ability to motivate and work with individuals from cross functional groups
•Ability to effectively manage multiple and sometimes competing objectives
•Capable of making decisions and problem solving in a timely manner
To be considered for this position you must be based in either New York City or Boston.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with "Director, Content Marketing - [Your Name]" in the subject line.
Director, Strategic Accounts (Boston/NYC Based)
451 Research, an independent IT analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation, is seeking a Director, Strategic Accounts. This position will involve prospecting and closing new clients as well as some retention of existing clients. The position is based in our New York or Boston offices and offers a competitive total compensation package and room for growth within the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and seven or more years of sales experience with external clients. Knowledge of the technology industry or syndicated research services is a plus, and prior experience servicing or supporting the financial industry is highly preferred. US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
• Generate new sales opportunities through systematic prospecting, outbound calls and trial management.
• Drives sales by focusing on serving, retaining, and growing our premier clients and by developing the strategic selling skills of the team
• Question and uncover prospects’ unique business needs in order to manage the trial process, tailoring information that 451 Research provides to those needs.
• Clearly and effectively work with the Vice President, Strategic Accounts to demonstrate 451’s value proposition through in-person and over the phone presentations.
• Consistently achieve monthly sales targets and quarterly goals.
• Liaise with client services to ensure clients gain maximum value from research relationships and develop global account strategies.
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree.
• 5+ years of professional experience preferred
• Direct sales experience preferred.
• Understanding of the technology and/or market research industry
• Proven experience managing large accounts, achieving revenue goals, and managing sales strategies.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (phone experience a must).
• Experience with all MS office applications, a CRM software, and a proven ability to be resourceful leveraging technology and web platforms for enhanced due diligence.
• An interest in a long-term role and growth opportunities.
We are a growing company, and we like to hire people who can grow with us. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a growing organization at the pulse of what matters most; driving revenue.
For consideration, please send us your resume with the Subject Line "Director, Strategic Accounts - [Your Name]"
Marketing Automation Specialist (Boston Based)
• Own the Marketo environment and serve as the primary Marketo Administrator
• Act as main point-of-contact for all internal Marketo inquiries.
• Control the development, implementation and the ongoing management of Marketo processes
• Implement modifications to Marketo set-up as changes to business requirements occur
• Work with various business teams to understand processes and optimize system configuration
• Stay current with Marketo functionalities and best leveraging new features
• Ensure accurate synchronization between Marketo and Salesforce to maintain data integrity of both systems
• Assist in ongoing training and communications to internal stakeholders on marketing automation best practices and usage tips
• Provide insights and recommendations for addressing data issues
• Assist with the general management of Salesforce
• Create standard and custom objects, fields, formulas, and page layouts
• Manage users, roles and hierarchies, groups, and security settings.
Customize reporting and dashboards for the various teams
• Support the implementation and maintenance of third party platform integrations into Salesforce
• Complete bulk imports and exports of data
• Evangelize and drive user adoption across the organization
• 2-4 years of experience with Marketo and Salesforce.com administration
• Ability to understand workflow processes and systems within a marketing/sales cycle.
• Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
• Strong verbal and written communications skills; Ability to discuss technical matters with a non-technical audience in an effective way
• Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel
• Bachelor's Degree
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Salesforce.com Administrator Certification
• Marketo Certification
• Solid understanding of sales and marketing analytics, including reporting on pipeline health, forecasting, campaign effectiveness, and data quality metrics
• Experience administering systems in a multi-tenant environment
• Experience with Marketo Launchpoint partners
For consideration, please send us your resume with the Subject Line "Marketing Associate (Events) - [Your Name]"
Principal Consultant (Boston Based)
451 Research Advisory delivers bespoke market and industry research and prescriptive guidance to information technology vendors, service providers, investors, and enterprises.
The Principal Consultant is primarily responsible for delivering and managing 451 Research Advisory projects, and supporting business development and sales.
Working with other consultants and 451 Research Analysts, the Principal Consultant analyzes client requirements, assembles existing qualitative research and data, designs and conducts new primary research, compiles and analyzes results, and develops and presents customized deliverables including reports and presentations to our clients.
The Principal Consultant also manages 451 Research Advisory projects. As project manager, the Principal Consultant is responsible for developing and maintaining project schedule, resource allocation, and internal and external project communication.
The Principal Consultant also supports the business development and sales of 451 Research Advisory projects.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience managing projects (typically 3-6 months, involving 3-6 people)
• Understanding of basic market research functions (market intelligence, competitive intelligence)
• Experience designing and executing primary market research (surveys and interviews)
• Experience analyzing market research data
• Experience reading, analyzing, and writing industry research
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good presentation skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Research Analyst/Product Manager (San Francisco Based)
The position would be involved with all aspects of product development, management, and sales and forecasting. This position would entail a great deal of primary research, financial modeling and data analysis to forecast and test hypotheses regarding market growth and data visualization and report drafting to convey the findings.
The single most important requirement for this position is meticulous and relentless attention to detail and accuracy. The applicant must be highly organized, self-directed and able to juggle multiple concurrent projects under deadline pressure.
- BA degree
- Experience in financial modeling/forecasting
- Excellent excel skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- High level of organization and self-direction
- Excellent writing skills
- At least two years of experience related to technology and finance research
- Deep and broad knowledge of multiple segments of the technology industry
451 Research is a technology industry analyst company focused on emerging and disruptive enterprise information technologies. It provides independent online subscription-based, syndicated analysis and data services to technology vendors, investors, securities market professionals and end users.
For consideration, please send us your resume with the Subject Line "Research Analyst/Product Manager - [Your Name]"
Senior Analyst, Development, DevOps & IT Ops (Open to Location)
451 Research delivers value to its customers (and to a certain extent, the industry at large) from multiple perspectives and via multiple channels. Types of analysis include (but are not limited to) technology and technology innovation; competitive analysis of individual suppliers and the eco-systems they form; exploration of macro market trends; insight both of and for the “end user”; market sizing and forecasting; M&A analysis; financial analysis; interpretation of compliance and regulatory factors; etc.
We are looking for a star performer to become a leading member of our analyst team. This senior member of the analyst team will provide insight and commentary into the technology and economic themes that are driving the evolution of the sector. This analysis will be delivered principally via published reports in a variety of lengths and formats. Authoring research is a key responsibility for this role. Additionally, the senior analyst will engage directly with our customers in an advisory capacity; and share their thought leadership at 451 and industry conferences.
In the development, DevOps & IT ops channel, analysts cover a broad range of technologies and organizations, spanning areas including software development, private cloud, and production support. We are looking for a new senior analyst to own our monitoring and APM research, with the potential of adding systems management and configuration management depending on interests and capabilities. Analysts in our channel cover traditional systems-management vendors as well as offerings from infrastructure-focused startups and other areas of disruptive technology.
We are a distributed team and are happy to hire remote for this position, or you are also welcome to work from one of our US or European offices.
• Write research reports in both short and long form on a regular basis.
• Create and manage coverage maps and schedules detailing which vendors will be covered and when specific report types will be generated.
• Schedule and receive briefings with vendors identified in coverage maps in a timely fashion.
• Develop and pursue a significant and detailed understanding of the markets and technologies in your coverage area.
• Submit session, panel, and workshop submissions in response to conference Call For Paper processes.
• Attend suitable conferences and meet with vendors.
• Prepare for and conduct inquiry calls and webinars with clients.
• Participate in other 451 research and service delivery.
Education and experience:
This position requires sufficient educational or work experience to have obtained expertise in the industries and technologies being covered. Most 451 Research analysts come from a background as a practitioner, vendor, consultant, researcher, analyst, or technical journalist. The expectation is that this will be the equivalent of five to ten years of working in the fields covered, accompanied by an undergraduate degree or four years’ additional professional experience. Strong writing, communication and people skills are a must.
Please send resume along with salary requirements to us: "Senior Analyst, Development, DevOps & IT Ops - [Your name]” in the subject line
Senior General Ledger Accountant (NY Based)
•Prepare and review monthly journal entries to the General Ledger.
•Maintain, reconcile and confirm intercompany accounts for all U.S. and International entities.
•Maintain accrual schedules and monthly transactions.
•Coordinate transactions with foreign operations, issue necessary support documents for US expenses/income, and oversee/perform currency translation.
•Prepare month-end Balance Sheet Schedules for the reconciliation book with required supporting documentation.
•Assist management in investigating, documenting and improving internal controls and in maintaining the Company’s manual of accounting policies and procedures.
•Provide Month/Quarter/Year End close assistance.
•Prepare year end audit work papers and assistance with year-end audit.
•Perform other duties or ad hoc projects as needed.
•Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from four-year college in Accounting, Finance or other related field of study required.
•Minimum 3-4 years of experience in functions directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
•Experience with Intacct accounting software a plus.
•Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting practices and procedures.
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Outstanding time management and organizational skills
•Flexibility to adapt to changing needs of the department and to various changes in priorities.
•Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
•Proven verbal and written communication skills as well as analytical skills.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Senior General Ledger Accountant” in the subject line.
Software Engineer/PHP Developer (Boston Based)
Requirements / Qualifications:
Additional Preferred Qualifications
For consideration, please send us your resume along with salary requirement with the Subject Line "Software Engineer/PHP Developer - [Your Name]"