451 Research is a division of The 451 Group and a leading technology industry analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation. We are growing rapidly and seek qualified candidates in a number of areas.
Talented individuals are sought in the following disciplines:
- Business development
- Research and analysis
The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, Boston and Washington DC/Bethesda, MD. Our team is made up of talented individuals with varied backgrounds that hail from many locations, yet we all work in concert, following a common set of ideals and objectives.
Please see our current openings listed below. If you would like to be considered for future positions in one of the areas outlined above, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The 451 Group is an equal opportunity employer that provides competitive pay and benefits to its employees.
Account Executive - Information Technology (Boston Based)
451 Research, an independent IT analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation, is seeking an Account Executive. This position will involve prospecting and closing new clients as well as some retention of existing clients.
The position could be based in our Boston office and offers a competitive total compensation package and room for growth within the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and three or more years of experience interacting with clients. Knowledge of the technology industry or syndicated research is a preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
Prior experience selling to research is a plus. US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Account Executive - [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Accounts Payable Clerk (NYC Corporate Office)
The 451 Group, an independent technology industry analyst and datacenter certification provider, is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our accounting department in our New York Office. We are seeking a well-organized, detail oriented and hardworking individual to fill this position. The selected candidate will be responsible for all aspects of accounts payable process and assisting with general accounting activities and operations.
• Process all vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursements with proper coding per company requirements.
• Maintain and analyze AP aging reports.
• Resolve vendor billing and employee expense reimbursement discrepancies.
• Prepare analysis and reports associated with accounts payable.
• Maintain vendor documents.
• Communicate internally and externally for clarification and approval of all expenses.
• Ad-hoc expense analysis as needed.
• Assist with general accounting activities and act as a back up to International A/P as needed.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years related experience.
• Intacct accounting system experience a plus.
• Experience with expense coding, classification, Inter company transactions preferred.
• Effective communication skills.
• Committed team player that is detail oriented and very organized.
• Ability to work independently (self-starter).
• Positive attitude and ability to multi-task successfully.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Accounts Payable Clerk” in the subject line.
Client Service Representative (NYC Based)
The 451 Group is an independent technology industry analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation. The company’s analysts provide critical and timely insight into the market and competitive dynamics of innovation in emerging technology segments. Clients of the company – at vendor, investor, service-provider and end-user organizations – rely on 451 insights to support both strategic and tactical decision-making for competitive advantage.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and at least two years of experience interacting with clients. Knowledge of the technology industry is preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
The Client Service Representative works in collaboration with the sales team to ensure all needs of our clients are met. The Client Service Representative is responsible for proactively driving, monitoring, and increasing client usage and satisfaction with contracted deliverables. This includes proactive and reactive service by way of client requests and inquiries, coordination of the on-boarding process, web ID set-up, event participation, aligning client initiatives with relevant research, etc.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated professional who thrives in a team-oriented environment and has a keen customer service orientation.
Core job functions include:
• Field inbound client requests and research inquiries.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of 451 Research’s analysis, data and analyst expertise
• Proactively interact with clients regarding their business and technology issues to align with 451 Research’s analysis and data.
• Input key data into internal CRM system (Salesforce.com) by documenting all client interaction, as well as monitoring time logged for analyst/sales interaction.
• Coordinate and facilitate Welcome Calls with new and renewing clients.
• Partner with our I.T. team to troubleshoot any access issues clients may experience.
• Conduct website training for clients.
• Support ad-hoc projects and programs for internal and external clients.
• Work with Marketing to support and execute messages to client base (e.g., product/service changes, company changes, and email campaigns).
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree.
• 1-2 years of professional experience with client-facing activities
• Ability to be sociable, flexible, open-minded and creative
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (phone experience a must)
• Experience with all MS office applications, a CRM software (salesforce.com ideal), and a proven ability to use a computer intelligently
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize among conflicting demands
• An interest in a long-term role. We are a growing company, and we like to hire people who can grow with us.
• Demonstrated sense of urgency
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Solid relationship management skills
• Strong team and collaborative orientation
• High level of energy and passion
• Strong sense of professional accountability and integrity
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a growing organization at the pulse of what matters most; keeping our clients happy.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send resume along with salary requirements with “CSR- [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Director of Product Management (Boston Based)
451 Research is a leading global analyst and data company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation. We are looking for a talented, driven and entrepreneurial leader to build and execute strategy for 451 Research’s product category as our Director of Product Management.
The Director of Product Management will be responsible for synthesizing customer insight to define and promote 451 Research’s value proposition, identify areas for growth and innovation within the category, manage the end-to-end product lifecycle, and lead cross-functional team members in delivering a portfolio, along with improving outcomes and strengthening 451’s newest product. This individual will be responsible for the overall end-to-end ownership of product strategy, product design, product development oversight, product marketing and product launch.
1) Product Management Process (PMP):
2) Product Marketing:
3) Sales Enablement:
4) Product Lifecycle management:
5) Reporting by Product:
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Director of Product Management - [Your Name]” in the subject line.
Director, Panel and Membership Management (Boston Based)
The Director, Panel and Membership Management is responsible for planning, innovating and executing programs to drive our fast growing 451 Alliance communities. These communities, or panels, are created and grown principally as a source of survey-based market research. This is a highly visible and strategic role. The membership network is already critical to the ongoing success of numerous 451 Research services, including the Voice of the Enterprise research products. Over time, expanding both the size of 451’s communities and diversifying the ways we engage with them is a strategic driver for the company as a whole.
We seek a highly qualified individual who can take an analytically-driven approach to expanding our membership of 50,000+ IT professionals and ensure ongoing engagement activities.
In this position you will oversee the day to day operations of our membership team and serve as a thought leader in developing programs to expand & diversify our membership, optimize our content-based incentives program and build our membership retention strategies.
There are five key elements to our Alliance programs and success criteria for this role include:
Receptionist (NYC Corporate Office Based)
Location: New York City Corporate Office
This Receptionist is responsible for: managing the reception desk, responding to calls, greeting clients and visitors, scheduling conference rooms, ordering kitchen and rest room supplies and maintaining lobby area and conference rooms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for front desk duties including, but not limited to, receiving and transferring incoming phone calls, updating the New York Directory, maintaining files, and greeting employees and visitors.
• Complete all daily requirements on the Receptionist Maintenance Checklist.
• Assist visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing, and announcing them appropriately.
• Maintain a neat, professional and orderly reception area.
• Maintain professional and courteous demeanor with clients and office personnel.
• Answer, screen, and forward any incoming calls in a timely manner and direct them to appropriate staff.
• Receive, sort and distribute all incoming mail and other deliveries/couriers.
• Assist as needed with mailings, overnight deliveries, certified mail, DHL, etc.
• Maintain and order office, kitchen and restroom supplies as needed.
• Ensure break areas are stocked with general supplies.
• Assist with the scheduling of conference room booking requests.
• Ensure that conference rooms are orderly and appropriately supplied.
• Order refreshments and food as necessary for company meetings.
• Assist with the coordination and tracking of contract and invoice payments for company events.
• Assist CFO on an as needed basis.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum 2 years Receptionist related experience.
• Excellent communications skills both oral and written.
Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Basic understanding of office technology, systems & equipment.
• Ability to perform minimal physical activity such as walking and carrying small packages.
• Proven track record of providing exceptional customer service skills in the presence of Executive level employees and guests.
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
Please send resume along with salary requirements with “Receptionist - [Your Name]” in the subject line.